A Wide Array of Things to Do in Denver, Colorado
There is no shortage of great things to do and see in Denver, from cultural and sporting events to numerous summer and winter outdoor opportunities in the mountains. Boasting an easily accessible location, Sheraton Denver West Hotel is the perfect "home base" for your Colorado adventure. We're located next door to Federal Center Station, so you can take the lightrail to a variety of nearby activities. You can also attend an Avalanche hockey, Broncos Football, Rockies baseball, Nuggets basketball, or Rapids soccer game in the most modern and beautiful stadiums. Or visit Red Rocks Amphitheatre, the Coors brewery, or nearly a dozen ski areas for both winter and summer enjoyment. If retail therapy is more your style, we're just a short distance away from some of Denver's best shopping destinations.
We've listed some of our favorite things to do below. Book your stay at our hotel today, and experience them all in person!
- Applewood Public Golf Couse
- Arrowhead Golf Course
- Fossil Trace Golf Club
- Fox Hollow Golf Course
- The Homestead Golf Course
- Bandimere Speedway
- Buffalo Bill’s Grave and Museum
- Coors Brewery
- Coors Field
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- Pepsi Center
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre
- Rocky Mountains
- Sports Authority Field at Mile High
- Belmar Shopping Center
- Cherry Creek Shopping Center
- Colorado Mills Mall
- Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Copper Mountain Ski Resort
- Keystone Resorts
- Loveland Ski Area
- Winter Park Ski Resort
How To Get Here
Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Located just a few miles from our hotel, Red Rocks Amphitheatre showcases a scenic location, paired with amazing acoustics, and is one of the country's top venues for concerts and events.
Like music? Learn more about Grandoozy - an incredible festival coming this Summer to Denver >
Elitch Gardens Amusement Park features over 50 rides and plenty of fun things to do for the entire family. Approximately a 10-minute drive or a short light rail ride away from the hotel, it's America's only downtown area theme and water park.
Visit the home of the American classic - enjoy tours, tastings, and more. Coors Brewery is just a short drive from Sheraton Denver West Hotel.
Buffalo Bill’s Grave and Museum
Make a trip to this tribute to the cowboy days, and explore the exhibits, observation deck, special events, and gift shop.
Denver Botanic Gardens
Spend some time wandering, and learn about the thousands of plants that make up one of the most popular botanical gardens in the nation.
Awe inspiring views, prime skiing conditions, and outdoor activities make the mountains a top attraction for millions of tourists every year.
- Colorado Mills Mall- 2 Miles
- Belmar Shopping Center - 4.5 Miles
- Cherry Creek Shopping Center - 10 Miles
- Applewood Public Golf Course - 5 Miles
- Fossil Trace Golf Club - 5 Miles
- Fox Hollow Golf Course - 7 Miles
- The Homestead Golf Course - 7 Miles
- Arrowhead Golf Course - 27 Miles
- Loveland Ski Area- 45 Miles
- Keystone Resorts - 50 Miles
- Winterpark Ski Resort - 67 Miles
- Breckenridge Ski Resort - 74 Miles
- Copper Mountain Ski Resort - 76 Miles
- Colorado Christian University - 3.1 miles
- Colorado School of Mines - 6.3 miles